Battle of Britain 85th anniversary 2025-2026

I’ve continued with paint on this oldie. I figure it would never get done if I wait until I have all my airbrushing stuff put together, so out came the brushes again.





A couple days drying, then I’ll hit the darker camo with some 15 year old Tamiya black-green. A few touch ups after that, then decals and bombs.

8 Likes

I’m going to have to take some time tomorrow to read the thread and get caught up. Looks like a lot of good work has been done!

I myself am finally getting started on my Hurricane. Full WIP thread here.

The kit looks pretty good; so far, I’ve just assembled the cockpit and added some PE and scratch detail. I have some concerns about the decals, but I have plenty of time to worry about them.

5 Likes

Great paint job on the Stuka!

1 Like

Great looking Stuka @68GT

Finally finished up the Blenheim done up as 54 OTU RAF Church Fenton, North Yorkshire…



9 Likes

That looks great! Gloss black can be a difficult color to get looking clean and you nailed it!

1 Like

Love a blacked out plane. I have a Defiant done years ago and also did a night-fighter Dornier years ago for a friend. Yours finished up better than both - nice work.

1 Like

Black is such a hard color to nail at scale… that looks killer @Jeeves. Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Was happy to be able to finish this one

At least it’s not an “ex” Blenheim! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Gary

2 Likes

Got a smallish update here. Got some primer on the cockpit, and got started on the landing gear and wing gun details.




And I stumbled across this little figure at SuperHobby. Painting him will be a challenge!

1 Like

Wrapping up the interior details on the Hurricane!


3 Likes

Are we out of time yet? One more day? Ok, I’ll try to wrap this one up.

This Stuka got packed away in a box for another model and hasn’t seen the light of day since….

Got some RLM 70 applied for the camo, just freehanded it on there using factory schematic for the paint areas. Also repainted the canopy to match. Still need to clean that up a bit.


I’m hoping tomorrow I can get some decals on it, then later some clear. Won’t get the weathering complete, but it will be a plane. Also just noticed tonight that I had forgotten to add the trailing edge flaps / ailerons, so those went on along with a bit more paint.

Edit: hah, just looked at the first post…. I still have a month to finish. :grin:

5 Likes

Looks great, Frozin! And there’s still a month left. No rush, as no one is keeping score. :grin:

Gary

2 Likes

Wow, a timely reminder. Maybe I can drag my Hurricane across the finish line!

3 Likes

I was wondering how that was going when you resurfaced with the T-26, but didn’t want to come across like I was busting your balls about it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I need to rethink my “on the bench” signature links…

EDIT: that’s better. :rofl:

1 Like

Spent all last evening cleaning my bench of a summer’s worth of clutter, and a fine crust of weathering pigments and detritus.

Made enough room to take the Hurricane project out for a status check. Verdict: “so close, and yet so far.” :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

Best thing to start – cleaning off your work area. Helps clear the cobwebs of your mind (how did those spiders get in there?)

Gary

1 Like

I feel your pain. :joy: I’m at exactly the same stage with my F-4 right now. I’ve finally gotten all the little parts organized so I don’t lose anything, but I spent several hours on it last night cleaning up panel lines, doing some weathering and working on a bunch of other little details.

When I was done, I realized there wasn’t anything visually different enough to even make a forum post about it. :joy: Several hours of work and it basically looks exactly like it did before I started.

So yes, I completely understand where you are right now.