Very nice. It came out looking really good.
Thanks Gino… I very much appreciate that… thank you so much for all the great advice… like I said just got to do the diorama over the next month… then I’m back to my Gas Station diorama… I need to finish that … then I feel like I can tackle my next aircraft project… a B24 Liberator for my wife out of respect of her Grandfather who was a nose gunner / bombardier in Italy with the 767th… that project is going to be interesting… aircraft and 3 vehicles and figures…
Well done sir.
Thanks Lee… I appreciate it…
Just noticed you are from northern MN. Whereabouts?
I’m in Two Harbors just North of Duluth… I’m originally from London UK moved here 4yrs ago with my wife and ( now 5 ½ yr old) daughter… my wife is originally from this town…
Just let you all know I received the replacement gun handles from Cobra… they are perfect this time… and they sent 2 spare sets too… Chris was so helpful… and I would recommend him and his company anytime… so now I know what my project is over the weekend is… lol
Excellent and even better when you look at the photos large online.
Thanks Glenn… I’m rather pleased with it…,
Some very nice work there! [Y]
Mike
Thanks Mike…
Does anyone know how to spider a window. I’m building a huey diorama and would like to add the effect of bullet holes to one of the lower nose windows with the effect of them cracking out. I’ve looked online for tips and can’t find a thing. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Yep, I know Two Harbors. We visited Split Rock lighthouse back in 05 or so.
Try these modelman 1;35 scale but should work
The decals look like just that to me, decals. Not bullet holes. It is quite easy to do yourself though. Start with a small drill bit and drill a hole through the “glass” of the canopy, windshield, etc. Next, take a sharp exacto knife and scribe a random pattern of cracks coming out from the bullet hole. That is it, done. It is really easy and looks just like the real thing.
I never understand why there’s a 1/32th scale line on its own when there’s 1/35th.
1/32 is/was the traditional scale for large-scale aircraft. Until somewhat recently, helicopters only came in this scale as well. Most helicopters in that scale are older (the Revell 1/32 Huey kit originally dates from 1969), or European models (EC-135, EC-145, etc.) made by Revell of Germany.
In the mid-late '90s, Academy decided to market helicopters to armor modelers in 1/35 with their UH-1C, and subsequently their OH-58D, AH-6 Little Bird, UH-60A/L Black Hawk, etc. Trumpeter and a few others also followed suit and we now have a bunch of 1/35 helicopters.
This makes more sense to me since helos are generally more of an Army aircraft and frequently work in concert with ground troops and armored fighting vehicles. There is a greater variety of figures and accessories in 1/35 to go with them as well. Either scale can be used with 1/35 figures, vehicles, and accessories though, so all is good.
Ok guys I have spent the last month working on this… still need to install racks for my photographic equipment… now back to the model as I have month to complete… acrylic case has been ordered…
Diorama base started…insignia will be on a styrene base that will be painted bronze… and there will be another engraved plaque with his tour dates and medals awarded once I ask him… currently working on 2/5 figures for base and will be adding brush, scrub and a couple of water puddles…
What figures are you planning on using?







