ARMOR - French Armor Vehicles Pre 1940

well, its a blurry picture but my camera died after taking it… i need to paint this weekend.

Thanks for the info M35, but I can’t find Tamiya putty in my LHS and I really don’t want to mail order anything else 'cause this project is taking way too long already. I did a test fill with the Squadron green and it seems to be okay. I’ll press on with it.

Okay Folks, the first hurdle has been crossed and the chasm has been filled and sanded into the contours of the fenders. So far so good. Next step is to cast my replacement sprockets and I’ll be off. I’m kind of surprised how forgiving of mistakes this resin medium seems to be so far. I’m looking forward to a great looking B1 bis.

105mmFrench Howitzer model 33 “de Bourges” 1/72 scale[:)]
my last creation[:D]
http://propaganda.kompany.free.fr/photos_172/720520.jpg
It’s not the same period [#offtopic but I’m finishing a 1/48 VAB master for the next week[tup]
@+
Marc Le Bayon

The pict
(img.)http://propaganda.kompany.free.fr/photos_172/720520.jpg(img.)

Well on my second try at casting my new sprockets I’ve gotten some success.[:D] It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than the kit piece and as such is certainly usable on this build. One of these days I’m going to figure out how to take a decent photo with my cheap camera and then post some pics! Look out then.[:p]

All right Steve! I can’t wait to see it. I myself have been a slacker over the holidays and have not gotten past gluing the hull pieces together. My AMR 33 is still waiting on paint.

Pierre, how is the Track Story on the Char B1 bis coming? Any updates?

i special ordered the Humbrol French Artillery Green #179 for my panhard, so it stays unpainted for the next 3 weeks… that’s how long I have to wait for my paint…

I hate waiting on mail order stuff, but then again it’s sometimes the only way to get that special part or add on. I’ve got my sprockets mounted and have started to run the tracks around them. I’ll build the tracks toward the front and then mount the idlers to take up any slack, much like a real tank. I won’t be making much progress during the next wee though as I’ll be back on call for work and that really interferes with my hobby!

Hey Chris, I’ve noticed an odd, I guess optical illusion, as I assemble the tracks on the B1 bis. They appear to the eye to be curving, but when I toss a straight edge up against them they’re straight. This could lead to some sort of complex! [:p] Otherwise the tracks are going well and the whole thing is taking shape.

Voilà:

Thanks Piwi
i’m still no the best to post picts ;o)

Marc

Chris, I’ve got one complete track on the B1bis. It took 55 track blocks although my instructions called for 50 track blocks. I laid the upper run on first then glued on the sprockets. Then I ran single blocks around the sprocket. After that I ran the bottom run. Once I got up to the idler I glued four seperate blocks on the idler and then connected the lower run with a three block section, then pushed the idler forward to make another three block section marry up on the top run. Now I’m waiting for the glue to cure before I handle it and start the other side. This is my first resin and white metal kit; so far so good.[:)]

[8)]This is a pretty quiet GB fellas! Any way, I’m still making progress on the B1bis. I’ll have the other track on it within the hour. I’ve got to finish making my master of the hatch handles and then I can pour about 16 of those. I feel like the tracks are the big hold up, once they’re on I’ll get some momentum and this puppy will get knocked out.[;)]

Well, my computer was down for three days, got it fixed so I’m back on again. I got my tracks on now, I’m not completely happy with the way they look, but I think I’m going to press on and perhaps fix them later. I made a master and poured about 30 hatch handles figuring that not all of them would be usable. They are turning out to be more of a challenge than the sprockets, but I’ll make through. [:D]

well, i can’t get the humbrol french artillery green… now they are saying it isn’t made anymore so i am left in a quandry as to painting… My Warriors resin French Tanker came in, so I’m going to get as close to my color as I can…

Geoff, I think Pierre mixed up a batch of olive green, but I can’t remember his recipe except he tossed in a little yellow. Maybe he’ll mention it again.

Hi all,

Sorry for all this time , but i’m very busy at the moment !
Well to get a “good” french colour I’ve mixed 1/3 of Olive green ( Prince August 893) and 2/3 of yellow ( Prince August 953) . I believe that Prince August and Vallaejo get the same ref.

Thanks again Pierre, good to have you back.

thanks pierre, i’ll give that a shot… I hope to have this done next week. I ordered a warriors French WW2 tanker figure to pose outside with the Panhard.