ARMOR - French Armor Vehicles Pre 1940

model… j’ai cherche, mais il n’y a pas rien
je veux trouver des soldats francais pour metre avec le panhard.

maybe my french isn’t so bad… (je suis ne a paris)

Ah ok, Geoff, I didn’t understand very well ! “french infantry”, you said… I apologize !
:slight_smile:

Des made some cavalry men, but a long time ago and I find they’re not good enough. So my solution is… scratchbuilding. It’s not so difficult, but many time consumer (? good expression, I hope ???)
I will try to take some photos today or tomorrow.

maybe my french IS bad then… lol. i just said i can’t find any WW2 french infantry. I want to put a couple with the Panhard.

Hi Tankergeoff,

Don’t worry for your french ! It’s realy ok !
Isn"t very easy to find good french figs to fit with models.

As said Model35, DESKit made some good one or try also MK35 ( http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mk35.editions/html/page_d_accueil_anglais.html )

thanx piwi… turns out greatmodels here in the US has some french figures from deskits that i’ve bookmarked and will order.

Hi all,

I’ve just start to paint my Lorraine:

Looking very good Pierre. Did you mix that green color or are you using something straight from the jar?

Unfortunately I didn’t find the good color in any brand so I mixed Olive Green with yellow

Thanks, Pierre. I suspected as much. I 'll probably need to mix some up myself in a few weeks.

It’s hard to keep up with 2 GBs. I feel I am not getting anything acomplished. Your project is coming along very nicely, Pierre. I hope you managed to get your holiday shopping done too [:D]. Any word from the mysterious Pascal and the Dec. Minitracks Char B1 bis book? I am trying to be patient but December only has 7 days left if you don’t count today. I heard a rumor the Trumpeter might come out with a Char B1 bis.

Happy Holidays my Friends!

Hi,

No sorry but nothing more about Trackstory about B1 Bis. It isn’t available yet in France.

You know Chis, if Trumpeter does put out a B1bis I may have to jump ship on this MB kit! I’m having a devil of time making progress with it. Can’t seem to get the four hull pieces to mesh quite right.

In fact I think it’s rpm who will be put on the market a b1bis kit. It seems that some french modellers (Mister A. Misner, a reference for french afv’s, the owner of http://www.chars-francais.net/sommaire.htm) had send to rpm the plans they took on the saumur’s b1. Info of Antoine (Misner), read on ML french forum.
Hope…
:wink:

RPM works for me as well!

happy holidays!!! it’s here and i can finally start!

MY PANHARD! and I found a resin french tanker figure i’m waiting for as well

Hi Geoff
I found 3 of this kit, and I’m looking for another boxes…
Nice kit, with some mistake (the more visible is front axles wheels, sorry I dont know the english term) but very nice .

well, i’ve almost finished assembly… in painting, it calls for MC-21 Humbrol which is french artillery green… cannot seem to find any of that around here so I am in a quandry as to find the closest match… HELP!

Hi Geoff
I’m not a reference, sure, but I painted my amd in vallejo 979. After all, what means the “real” or “true” color ?
Approximatively it’s a green like 979 vallejo. Don’t forget all the weathering witch will change the base color… like on the real vehicules…

:wink:

Okay Gents, I’ve got the four major hull pieces together, but I’m not very happy with the fit of the rear to the rest of it. I’ve got a couple of real chasms to fill in. I think I lost the “true” mating surfaces when I was sanding and they ended up a little rounded. What filler sticks to resin real well? I’ve used Squadron green putty for most of my projects, do you think it’ll stay in place on a resin kit?[:p]

Spamicus, I use Tamiya putty on resin kits, it works very well. But I would like say that the humbrol putty is very bad, don’t use it…