Guys, I’ve been looking for this panhard over and over and found one on ebay… look at this and tell me if it’s worth the $25 or if i can get it somewhere cheaper.
i forgot the link… DUH
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5939539089&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
Thanks, Chris, I’ll take any help I can get. You’ve already helped, you got the name. I couldn’t make it out even with my magnifier. All I could tell was that it started with an N and was a II. [:D]
Franck,
Ever since I found your website I have been running it throught the French to English translator. What a great site. Any plans to do a Char B1 bis?
Thanks for keeping me straight.
Everyone has gotten quiet out there. It must be the Holidays but hopefully it’s your GB projects too.
My 1/35 NKC AMR 33 is up to the painting stage. I have been studying Franck’s website and the AMR 33 he built. I will try to get some pictures up some where so I can post the finished model when I’m done.
Still have not made a decision on the Char B1 bis although now I think I will do Poitou II.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
A good link ( in english ) :
A very handy link Pierre, thanks bunches.
Merci Beaucoup! Pierre
Hello all,
Found this GB and I’m tempted to jump in. But… I have more plastic than modeling time (or money), so I may just stand by.
I’m a HUGE French AFV fan, and so far I’ve built the Heller R35, have their H35, S35, and AMX13/75 kits on the shelf. Also built the 1/76 Matchbox Char B and FT17.
Have the Heller/Airfix 1/72nd S35 kit on the shelf as well - if I join in the GB, guess I’ll do that one OOTB as I’m sure I can finish it in a year!
My DREAM kits would be 1/16th scale Char B, R35, S35, H35!
Anyone seen this Steve Zaloga article on building the S35? - http://www.militarymodelling.com/features/feature8/
Understandably was excited to hear of Trumpeters H3X kits, but the sprue shots over on PMS (http://www.pmmsreviews.com/reviews/vehicles/trumpeter/tr00352.htm) leave me convinced that my Heller H3X kit is the better one!
Anyway, will enjoy keeping track of yins all and your efforts!
Welcome nfafan [#welcome]
Well this forum is just full of good suprises. I want to thank you for your input and I know exactly what you mean about more plastic than time but I hope this GB will entice you to join anyway. We have a great group of people in this GB and the more the merrier. If you check the first post in this GB I am trying to keep up with everyone and their project or projects. I have the article on the S-35 and you are saving me the work of copying it (Geoff, you need to check out that link). As for Trumpeter, I am happy when any company is producing something on my favorite subject and in my price range. I wish they read Military Miniatures in Review the Char B1 was a top requested kit, I think in the top 10 or 20. Or was it Finescale Modelers top 10, can’t remember except it was somewhere. I still don’t understand how they pick what kit they are going to model. Oh, well.
Thanks again for those links and if you dig through the posts so far you will find plenty more and OOTB is fine with me anytime. [#welcome]
Welcome nfafan !
Glad so see you here with us ! I hope you’ll enjoy this GB
Yep, welcome aboard, Nfafan
Hi all,
Just few words to say I’ve updated my website with a new diorama sent by a friend : " France 1940" .
Enjoy it !
since this build goes through june, i’d like to change my entry…
An alby 1/35 panhard 178… i won’t get it until february, but i just ordered one…
Hi all !
Chris, thanks for your “critics” about my site ![]()
But sorry, no plans of the b1 bis… just some sketches, found … I dont remember !
For the alby kit of the Panhard, 30 us Dollars is (I think !) ok. I bought 2 kits on ebay.fr, paid 30 euros. It’s a good kit, just some details are missing, but it’s really fine and accurate except perhaps for the wheels. But it’s a good kit.
![]()
I’ve about got my other projects back under control. I suspect my resin molding supplies have arrived, but wifey is hiding them for Christmas. I can get going on the B1 bis anyway though. So that’ll start again tomorrow. New sprockets will just have to wait until after the holiday.
That’s the spirit Steve! Happy Holidays!
thanks for the headsup model35… and a question i have is if there are any decent 1/35 ww2 french infantry kits around.
Geoff,
Heller made some but good luck trying to find them. Now I believe it’s aftermarket these days or perhaps our friends across have some good news!
Geoff, omd heller kit are not so bad ! Ok, the s35 turret is not good, but the H serie or R35 are good. With minor modifications, you get a fine kit.
And with friull tracks…
Des Kit has made superb resin kits
http://deskit.online.fr/01_systeme/pages_systeme/home_page.htm
Or Alby (no site), and… Propaganda Kompany ! PSP has some softskins, too.
Her (in France) you can get easily old Heller boxes. Perhaps on ebay.fr, for you ??