the latest distractions

Santa!!

Hey! You made a comment that has me worried. You said that the way you build them, they could be Ballasted and then Floated. What? Are you out of your head? All that beautiful work in miniature out to sea? Well, that certainly " Shivvered me Timbers!" But gotta say, Been there, done that with “Twelve Meter” Yachts. The clubs I belonged to Required a Natural Wood finish because that way they didn’t have to keep fielding the question,“What’s it made out of?” I have seen some of both types made of carved foam!

LORDY!!! That’s a LOTTA skillz with wood!! Impressive!!!

Now, Looky Here!!

You, You, wood Butcher You! What a beautiful job you do on those ships. By the way where I moved from, any Yard that could do wood restorations were refferred to a “Wood Butchers” So It’s not Derogatory as used here!!! I do still have a few pieces of Mahogany from a salvaged Chris - Craft Main Cabin Bulwark, and some Skived oak from a Richardson Hull! For antique Speed Boats when I get the urge. I like creating real wood(Solid) models of the classic Faster Boats in Wood. It’s Relaxing and Fun too!

Santa!

Before you go to far,You have a wood separartion problem where the planks meet the last Bulkhead/Frame on the Starboard Aft Side! I hope you spotted it. And, I hope you are not upset I am calling your attention to it! This is not intended as criticism of any kind. I believe you would do the same for me!

The “gap” you are refering to is a correction Tank-Builder. Billing Boats kits have asmetrick ribs=the ribs are larger on one side. So in order to true up the stern, I had to spred that side. The gap will be hidden by decking and the stern castle. I did make one mistake however. I glued the haves of the top deck down in the rong order and created a gap, witch I will fill with glue and pant. Good to here from you–it’s ben a while.