Tamiya 1/72 F-16C Block 40 – Turkish Air Force 161st Squadron “Kartal / Yarasa”










Hi everyone,

Here is my recently completed Tamiya 1/72 F-16C Block 40, finished as an aircraft of the Turkish Air Force’s 161st Squadron, based at Bandırma.

161st Squadron has a rather unique identity within the Turkish Air Force. It uses two different call signs: “Kartal” (Eagle) during daytime operations and “Yarasa” (Bat) at night. This tradition is reflected in the distinctive tail artwork, with an eagle on one side of the vertical stabilizer and a bat on the other.

For this build I used the Tamiya kit together with Babibi Model’s 161st Squadron “New Tails” decals. I wanted to represent an operational aircraft with restrained weathering rather than a heavily worn appearance.

Hope you enjoy the build, and thanks for looking!

You can also follow my scale modelling projects on Instagram: @fatih_scalemodels

7 Likes

Excellent build, looks great.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Wonderful finish on that Falcon! The mottled and worn grey is really nice. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you! Really glad you liked it. I tried to keep the weathering subtle and realistic. Thanks for the nice comment!