REVELL 1:32 HUEY UH-1D BUILD

Fantastic! Just revisiting this post. I recently found an old Cobra kit I had begun years ago and misplaced. Pretty ticked off since I discovered I can’t find the darn canopy anyplace!

Thanks guys… it was a fun build… and yes Lee the knowledge these guys share is astounding…

AM guys to the rescue. Werner’s Wings (scroll down to 1/32) has a replacement vac-form canopy for it. It is much thinner and more realistic as well.

Thanks Gino. Mine was Revell and I think 1/35th though.

Check again. If it is a large-scale US Army AH-1G, the only one is the Revell 1/32 kit. If it is a later USMC AH-1W, it is the Academy AH-1W in 1/35, which Werner’s Wings also has a vac-formed canopy for.

Sorry. I was wrong. I dug the box out of the garbage and looked. It’s this kit that I must have bought years and years ago. Testors.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/t6YAAOSwpDdU4WPY/s-l300.jpg

That is the 1/48 AH-1E kit. The AH-1E was also called the AH-1S (ECAS) which stands for Enhanced Cobra Armament System and refers to the 20mm in the nose turret. No aftermarket stuff specifically for that kit but there are some AH-1F aftermarket parts thatnwould work on it.

Ray

Ok due to photobuckets new terms and conditions all images have disappeared… link to whole build here…

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmiHZDb7