Changed my mind. Just bpught the tamiya 1/35 matilda off greatmodels. I’ll be building that.
Just noticed that the Start & Finish dates were changed. No problem, but I won’t be able to start mine for a couple of weeks. Got too many on the bench right now [:)]
Regards, Rick
Hello .Id like to join in on this GB building a Crusader , I think its an Italeri kit.Possibly Revell .I saw it at my LHS last week for pretty cheap.
I got a cutting edge cockpit BTW so I’ll be throwing that in too.
No models I have are North African-ish, so I get to buy one! Thats always a fun time.
Karl Welcome aboard mate, glad to have you with us for this one[tup]
BTW nice build choice, I’ve also decided to do a French A/C a D-520 flown by Pierre Le Gloan in Syria, Due to the changing situation in Vichy controlled areas this Pilot found himself flying against both the Axis and Aliies at one point and another…
ygmodeler Glad you changed your mind mate[tup] i have you down for the Tamiya 1/35 Matillda II…
Duesmex Thanks for joining up[tup] i’m happy to see some of you armour boys signing on…
Rick, Mate i changed the dates for that very reason, “to many on the bench”
scer16 off to the LHS eh, just let me know what you’ll be building and i’ll add it to your name on page 1[tup]
what color interior did marseille’s plane have?
Thats a bit of a hard one Tanky Some of the BF109’s were old with RLM 02 interiors while others were new with RLM 66 interiors…
Your choice i guess[;)]
Well…um…planes have wheels, so it’s not that different[:)]
Who am I kidding[:0]
SHAME SHAME SHAME on you Tom!![:(!]
pffft, heretics everywhere nowadays, when will it end!![sigh]
Good job tho9900 glad to see turning to the other side. Ground things aren’t that bad actually. [:D]
Depends on which plane your doing Tanky.
He flew a couple of them, would need to know which model number in particular your doing to represent his craft.
Serial number would be better, but are almost always incomplete or incorrect.
Ok, Put me down for a 1/35 Italeri Tiger I Ausf E/H itt’ll be from Tunisia.
Oh dont get me wrong, I think ground things are great[tup]
Now if they could fly, they’d be perfect!!![:o)]
Under the heading of 'Fun Facts"…doing research in"The War in the Desert" by Richard Collier, (a Time-Life book) and on page 154, there is a picture of a U.S. Navy SBD with a 1,000 pound bomb getting ready to launch from the U.S.S Ranger supporting the Operation Torch landing. The possibilities are endless…
That is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, interseting Bob. Any group build you can build an SBD for can’t be too bad. Hmmmm…can I afford another AM kit? I’ll have to wait and see.[;)]
oOps, sorry. I’m doing Yellow 13.
Jules I won’t get started on the MS406 till early May, after all I still have that Hurricane to finish for the BoB GB!! as well as a Ju287 & a Do217K.
The Dewoitine sounds interesting, now we just need some Italian aircraft, especially with Italeri releasing the CR42 Falco in 1/48 this month.
Tom I was beginning to think you’ve got a Martlet fixation…
…and then you go all ground pounder on us!
Karl
Wow!!! I go away for a day and when I come back I have to wade through a couple of pages on this thread. Reminds me of another GB I was in not too long ago!! [8D]
So many possibilities for this build. Italian aircraft eh? Just might have to explore that possibility. I was thinking a 1/32 Bf 109 but I may be taking on a contract in another province so I will be away from home for a few months and a big model might not be such a good idea. I’ll have to see how things pan out in the next couple of weeks.
Tanky, Yellow 14, there were several of them actually , but all would have the RLM 66 interior.
Regards, Rick
I just went to the Semi-LHS and got a Dragon Pz III 1/35th with a 30% discount. (Hobby Works is the shop, everyone in Northern VA should go, week by week they increase the discounts on pretty many models, up to 60%!)