North African GB "All Subjects" (Start NOW - Finish 31st of Oct)

hmmm then maybe I am related to both of you… small world huh? I come from the Dempey-Murphy’s of East Tupelo Mississipi… I think you are my second cousin three times removed on my aunt Gertrude’s side… That’s where Kremps ties into the family tree… she went to nursing school with Aunt Gertrude…

Thanks for that info Jules. Might do the same as Darren, paint the cockpit tommorrow (no…not break the canopy). Another quick question if I may…RLM 02 or 66 for the cockpit?

Man, it just gets creepier by the second dun’it[sigh]

Yeah Darren that gives us 6 months, 1 month to build and 5 to yak

Page 3 already…Took me 3 months to get 3 pages in the RC211V GB…

Pingy, you’d be looking at 66 for the c/pit.

Yeah Daniel throw a few Aussies and a Texan into the mix and you get a pretty volatile mixture[;)]Spooky huh…
Oh BTW If i remember correctly the BF 109’s in the desert had 66 interiors

Tom Say G’day to Aunty Gertrude for me will you and tell her i’m all out of her strawberry jam, at least i think it’s strawberry[X-)]

Thanks mate…I think I’ve got some of that left over from when I did an FW-190.

BTW…any of you fellas got MSN Messenger? I just started using it again and wondered if anyone else was on it.

No pingy i don’t use MSN but i see how i could be usefull in this situation when we are all on at the same time cause i keep missing posts…

[:O][:O][:O] [yuck] you ate that Jules??? She uses that stuff to strip the paint off cabinet doors and such!! You’ll be surprised how fast her pinapple marmelade can dissolve a copper penny!!! The old bat has been losing it lately… she keeps mumbling about some guy named “Big Dan” and the other day we caught her in the kitchen sitting at the table with a bunch of scraps of paper trying to sell them to us… ends up we figured out she thought she was in an amusement park ticket booth in Cincinatti… and that it was 1959…

Funny thing is the old thing made $50.00 off of us before we figured out she was out of it!

The 109’s could be either 02 or 66, depends on which JG your doing.
Some 109’s were sent off almost new, these had 66 interiors, otherwise Jules is right, the hand me downs were 02.
[2c]

I would be afraid of what it would do to my motherboard were we all chatting live at once… and I am sure the RAID array would suddenly become inconsistent!!

Yeah, MSN wouldn’t be such a bad thing.
Missus has it running on this thing all the time.

And you could even keep in touch with Kremps when seh’s out of town…
better than all those long distance calls to places like tibet and thailand…

Jeez Tweets i changed my post cause i thought i got it wrong but knowing me i probably did so if i were you Daniel i’d go 66,Ttweets does a lot more research on his subjects than me…[tup]

Tom so your telling me those lumps wern’t strawberry’s[dinner][yuck][:O][:O]

Tweets [#ditto] She most definatly is a state of mind, just have to figure out what sort of state our minds are in[%-)]

Good point Pingy all those calls to Burma cost me a fortune…

Nah, I just hold alot more useless info in my head than there should be!
But you were right the first time Jules[;)]

Ok, thats just sick[xx(]

Suffice to say, we will never be the same.

Jules Put me down for a Morane Saulnier MS 406 like the one below:

I’ll be using the Hobbycraft kit with Aeromaster decals for Lou ou Moi, literally ‘Him or me’ from the Free French flight based in Haifa in late 1940. It’s in a mixture of French and RAF camo with RAF roundels etc.

I might also do a Tamiya Semovente, I’ll see how it goes.

Nice to see all the old faces from the BOBGB in this one, plus a few new ones.

Karl

OMG, another GB Chat Room. Not sure I can handle another one after the BOB GB. Let me think about it… Oh, sure I can [:)]. Should be fun, looks like another great group.

Regards, Rick

haha whouldnt be the same in here without your dry wit and expert eye Rick!!! Besides you’re the only one Kremps actually listens to… who else can keep her in line???

Ok… here’s the part where you start worrying about me Sean… I bought a ::cough cough:: today… towing a 20 pounder field atillery piece… ohhh ok I may as well say it… I bought some wheeled thing for this GB today… [V]

It’s a Canadian made Ford Quad tractor towing a 25 pounder… done in a nice desert tan scheme… In British Markings from N Africa…

not sure if I can bring myself to do it but I will try… hardest part will be there is no instrument panel nor canopy masking on this one… I’ll be lost… I’ll keep it to the side till I see if I have time for it…

I dunno what came over me! other than the fact of getting a Tamiya kit marked 21.99 US for about 14 dollars sounded kinda cool (40% off sale at a national chain of hobby stores here)

Also picked up a second P-47 bubble top gonna do another escuadron 201 Mexican fighter (they fought with the US forces in the Phillipines) to do for a local elementary schhol for the library… I am going to put the story if them beisde the kit so the kids can read it… most of the kids in the school are Mexican Immigrants and they didn’t know the story so it will be a good way for them to pick up some of there cultural roots…