My 1:48 Rescue Eagle

My personal 1:48 EAGLE TRANSPORTER pulled out of storage. I had acquired another cargo container and air brushed it with the red rescue stripes so I could swap out with the regular cargo container.

So I did.

Also the cockpit is lit with my own light set up.
The engine bells and landing gear support are aluminum.

Thanks!







9 Likes

The Rescue Pod really adds a pop of color!

Are the aluminum engine bells the Round 2 version or aftermarket?

3 Likes

That’s out of this world well done.
I used to love Space 1999 when I was a kid and had a diecast Eagle.
Always remember one episode of a big jelly monster with tentacles that was on moonbase Alpha,scared the crap out of me.

2 Likes

Many Thanks! They are indeed the Round 2 offerings!

2 Likes

That is really cool. Fond memories of watching Space: 1999 when I was a kid.

4 Likes

That looks amazing! Is this a kit, or did you build/3D print some of it yourself?

Funny timing too — just today I ran across a YouTube video where somebody had built one of these as an RC model that could actually fly. Very cool to see one in the air. :joy:

It’s an unbuilt, unpainted and unlit kit. Thanks!

2 Likes

Fantastic build of an iconic sci-fi spacecraft! I think the Eagle easily makes it to the Top Ten list of the most famous and recognizable fictional spaceships.

I used to watch the TV show as a kid and particularly remember the episode where they encountered a spaceship graveyard where a big, brown monster with tentacles and a glowing eye showed up and began devouring the crew members. That was the scariest episode of Space 1999 to me.

I rewatched the episode on YouTube recently and found it much less terrifying. I think the headline news scares me more today.

The thing that freaked me out the most as a kid was the way the monster ate its victims - it drew them into its mouth using its tentacles, screams would follow, then a greasy looking skeleton would slide out like it was on a drawer.

Watching as an adult, I realized the slide-out victim was more of a limitation of the filming budget rather than some unnerving design choice.

1 Like