Moving across country

I have packed 250 assembled models and 200 still in the boxes. The move is from Cold Lake AB to Greenwood NS. I am trying something new and will advise if it is successful. I used 10 china barrel boxes which is about ten less that the last time I moved my collection from Goose Bay NF to Cold Lake. The move is scheduled for late Jan 05, so cold weather was also a factor. Wish me luck.

Lou

1 Like

I shudder to think what the moving company can do to assembled models. Hope your careful packing allows them to all arrive safe & unscathed. Keep us posted.

Regards, Rick

1 Like

Being retired military I have moved numerous times. One trick I learned is to put assembled models in the zip lock type plastic bags and leave as much air as possible this makes for some cushioning affect. Mainly the bags also help save small parts that frequently break off in transit.

1 Like

dont let any movers even see a completed model. if they can see it, that means its at extremely high risk of getting badly damaged. i wish you the best of luck [:)]

1 Like

Sad but true. Good luck Lou!!

Good luck. So far I’ve been fortunate with my moves being local. I know some day I’m gonna have a similar undertaking.