M1 US Tank Recovery Vechile Finished

The tracks are not the ones that came with the kit. Those tracks, I couldn’t get to work right. Overall this was a bad kit.





6 Likes

Hard to appreciate it from the pictures,perhaps a better background,who makes the kit,what scale,You persevered and got it done.My only thought is it appears to have a gloss finish,perhaps a dull coat to tone it down?

1 Like

It does have a Matt finish, I tried the spray booth. I guess my work bench was any good neither. It was wet and not fully dry.

1 Like

Ok,looks shiny in the pics,sometimes you can get a white poster board from Staples just to make the pics look less busy,I hate my pics too.

1 Like

Great model! You may want to check out light boxes on Amazon. They have a large selection of sizes. I got a lighted one with adjustable levels of lighting and different colors of lights, for about $30. Mine is about 24x24x24 inches, it’s just right for the models I build. It can be folded down if finding room is a problem, I just leave mine up. White poster board works well, but I had problems getting the lighting right without getting shadows I didn’t want. If you use poster board, make sure to use the matte side, to reduce glare. Keep on modeling.

1 Like