CHURCHILL A.V.RE / S.B.G Assault Bridge - 1/76 Matchbox WIP BLOG Finished

WOW, man! That’s really taking this build to the next degree!! Fantastic!!!

RX7850, Yes it looks unrealistic like that. Sort of like that way I used to install the vinyl tracks on my first model tanks [:D]

Mike, I wish I knew about EZ Line before I installed the monofilament [Y]

Raualduke, I web searched for ref pictures and I saw hand cranks on some [cmra]

Doog, Thanks for looking in [B]

I’m painting the ‘cables’ tonight and will work on glueing the bridge addressing the unrealistic tension tomorrow

Sorry Sprue. I should have thought of it sooner. :frowning: My bad mate.

no worries, not your fault. Thanks for the heads-up

All WIP and finished pictures for this BLOG is here: https://imgur.com/a/T9zbg

I have the day off today so I’m finally getting to this step of applying ‘weight’ to the rigging. This is what I did this morning.

The red ’ ! 's and dotted arrows illustrate the cotton swab applying tension to the monofilament rigging. The white arrows indicate points where I applied CA glue.

I hope this works . . .

All WIP and finished pictures for this BLOG is here: https://imgur.com/a/T9zbg

It looks like it is. :slight_smile:

Aw man–that’s just SO frickin cool!!!

All WIP and finished pictures for this BLOG is here: https://imgur.com/a/T9zbg

Thanks fellas.

Yes, I think it worked. I removed the cotton swab this morning and it stayed in position.

While not totally perfect, I’m satisfied with this look of ‘weight’.

Next is final weathering, probably just some dusting with pastels. Thanks for looking.

All WIP and finished pictures for this BLOG is here: https://imgur.com/a/T9zbg

!http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/nervous/bugging-out.gifWow, such intricate meticulousness in such a small scale.

This could not only cause frayed cables but frayed !http://board.whatisfatmagulsfault.com/public/style_emoticons/default/nervous.gifnerves too.

Looks perfect . Can’t wait to see it done.

Steel cables do look like that even under weight. Unless you have tons of weight on them they still do their best to resist being straight lol.

That worked perfectly and it has a realistic appearance! Splendid! :smiley:

DM, RX7850, Mike, thanks!

All WIP and finished pictures for this BLOG is here: https://imgur.com/a/T9zbg

And thanks to everyone who commented with suggestions and assistance during this Blog. [B]

Yup, I’m calling this one, Done. I rode down to the beach this morning, after popping the turret on, to take these pictures. I know it breaks all the model photography rules but whatever, fun is fun [clwn]

All WIP and finished pictures for this BLOG is here: https://imgur.com/a/T9zbg

[B]

Break those rules Sprue! That looks cool as all get out! lol Awesome mate!!

[H] Awesome, I’m glad you feel that way too.

And thanks for the compliment [B]

!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs093.gifWatch out ocean, here it comes…

A great turn out here sprue.

No problem mate. You’ve earned it lol. Credit where credit is due. :wink:

Great finish to a great build.

DM, that’s right [:D] this little guy lays bridges, doesn’t burn them.

Mike, RX7850, I appreciate your compliments

Man, that came out SO GREAT!!! Amazing what you did to an old Matchbox kit!

Thanks Doog!