ARMOR - French Armor Vehicles Pre 1940

I think I’ll try that, thanks.

[:)]Well folks, I now have the hull of my B1bis basically finished. I’ll be moving on to the turret. I’ve had to fall back on my old music teacher’s advice some what. He always said “Even if you make a mistake keep going, otherwise the song will never get finished.” Keeping that in mind I’m moving on mistakes and all. As this is my first resin and white metal kit, I’ll use it for the learning curve and someday buy another and do it better. I hope to have some pix up in the next couple of weeks so you folks can check it out, blemishes and all.[:D] Thanks to T.Geoff I think I’ve figured out how to get a decent digital photo with my cheap camera. Chris was trying to get his put together so the turret would turn, that seems too daunting a task for me so I’ll just be glueing the turret on when I get to that.[:o)]

coming along



Looking good Geoff!

Geoff, I’m sorry to say that, but ther is something wrong with the gun. You glued the two triangular pieces on the exterior, whereas they must be glued on the interior. These pieces are only used for correctly positionning the gun in the kit, they don’t really exist on the 1/1 Panhard…

[:I]

great…

well, if i can’t fix it, i’ll just chalk it up to experience and call it a build…

Hi all,
BTW I wonder something ! Isn’t there another french mark on the rear of the turret ?
Else the color seems to be nice !

yeah, there is… need to add some more decals, but if i cant fix the gun it wont be worth it

Geoff, here the correct positionnig:

You can repare it easily, but you will certainly had to re paint the turret…

You can put 3 little holes on each side of the Reibel machine gun, too.

thanks Model35… I was able to get the turret off and the gun removed easier than I thought… hopefully it’ll turn out okay… is that 3 holes on EACH side of the MG or just the inner side?

The 3 holes are EACH sides.
Here on the right :

And here on the left :

I’m glad to see you’ll able to find a solution !
:wink:

Hi ,more new picts
It’s not AFV or motocycles, but AAA
It’s a Anti-Aircraft Twin MG 13.2mm Model 30 on R4B base



Sorry but it’s 1/48th scale, not 1/35th

your opinion is welcome

Marc

Well Gents, the construction of my B1bis is now complete. I took several photos of it, none of which are very good, however I don’t have a host site yet so I’ll post some pics when I get that up and working. I painted the primer coat last Thursday and fixed a couple of glaring belmishes it revealed. Later today I’ll be putting on the base coat. Hopefully I’ll have a few pics up in the next couple of weeks.[:)]

Okay, I’m ready to paint my B1bis. I want to do it as Nivernais II, #467. The question I have is; what paint scheme was this tank in? The black and white photos I’ve got and the ones Chris lead me to are inconclusive. One looks like it’s done in a two tone of ochre and green, but I’m not sure. Any of you folks have any better photos of this tank?[:)]

Many photos of the Nivernais II here:
http://www.chars-francais.net/archives/b_1bis/archive-b1bis_nivernais2.htm
It’s in french, sorry.

I’m looking for a color drawing, but I’m not sure to find one. I found another profile of a 37th BCC tank, the colors are ochre and olive, without brown line. It’s the “FCM” scheme, FCM is the factory which paint this color scheme. Renault had another scheme.
But if you read the 15th BCC book, you can see that in a BCC (tank Batalion) you can find both sheme…

:wink:

Thanks, Model35, but I’ve already been looking at the link you’re suggesting. It’s hard to tell in those photos. If you found 37th BCC was done mostly in ochre and olive, that’s good enough for me. I’ll do it up in ochre and olive. Thanks again.

Aïe !
I think I made an error, with the word “ochre” !
The 37 th BCC b1bis were olive green, with irregular DARK BROWN spots, like this one :

http://www.chars-francais.net/images/illlustrations/b1_bis_388_arlay_03.jpg

You can read that in the Pascal Danjou’s book, Trackstory n°3.

It’s a “poor” scheme (not many colors !) but the markings are a real challenge :wink:

By the way, the n°4 will deal with the R35/R40.

:-)))

37th BCC, of course !

Okay, that’s going to send me back to the paint booth. Not a problem, olive and brown. Can do easy. Thatnks again.

Well, the B1bis is complete and the paint is done. All I’ve got left is to paint the markings and weather it. Put a clear coat on it today. Will start markings tomorrow.[:)]