3D printed Hadrosaurus approximately 1:100 scale

Being of New Jersey and a big fan of my own state, my primary (though not sole) focus for models to be related to NJ.
I present Hadrosaurus foulkii, the first relatively complete dinosaur fossil found in North America, in a quarry near Haddonfield, NJ.
The model is from an STL I found on Thingiverse. It was printed by the makerspace people at our town library in Middletown, NJ.
The original print was stringy, so I had to trim that off, then a gentle sanding but not too much so as to represent the rough skin, of which samples have been found. That research further showed that hadrosaurs had skin like that of modern elephants and rhinos, though somewhat thinner, and of the same gray colors. I followed living examples with darker grey atop trending to lighter underneath. I was tempted to color it up, maybe add feathers, but those would not be accurate.
The skull was not found with the skeleton, and none have been found since, so this one is based on other hadrosaur species.
The original base I first painted in a mix of greens, then covered with moss-like flocking. I don’t have any scale ferns; if I find any I’ll add them to represent the typical foliage of their time.



6 Likes

Looks great, expecially at that scale!

Wow! Nicely Done! And here I thought 1/35 scale was small!

1 Like