Thanks for the link Jack, when I get home from work tonight I’ll see what I can do to salvage those guys.
Trabi, SP, B17: Those are fantastic guys!
Bob: Jack has some good advice there. For a quick cheap and dirty trick though you might just use your flesh coloured paint to paint the tops and bottoms of the eyes to narrow them down a little.
Thanks guys! That b/w picture is ok Bish.
Stikpusher, Germans started to use those against allied during operation Torch 1942.
Now I have to finish my builds to 1:144 gb. Still I already started one 1:72 scratcbuild. That might take while till finish…
Thanks Gamera, that’s one of the first things I was going to do when I got to my workbench tonight. Hopefully that will remove the surprise from their faces. I might try to use a pinhead to even out the pupils of the eyes. Fingers crossed…
Hey everyone. Got sometime to make a little more progress on the Puma. I’m really enjoying the armor now. I think I might have to really look into getting more armor kits! The kit is going together very well with little or no fit issues. Should be ready to do the painting/camo this weekend and start the weathering and detailing!
Eagle90
Gamera, I used your “cheap and dirty trick” and I like the look of these guys much better now. They don’t look nearly as surprised. I also touched up the black and white paint a bit with a sewing pin I liberated from my wife.
Hey Bish I better get in on this one before it closes! I have an Accurate Miniatures 1/48 Fw190 (Josef Priller D-day scheme) I’d like to do. Thanks!
I’ll be watching that one Cody, I just picked that up a couple of weeks ago
Another Folkwolfe…nice. I’m doing the dragon 48 scale. Be interesting to see how these kits compare with each other. I’ve never done an accurate miniatures kit before.
Accurate’s kit is a rebox of the Eduard kit under the AM label.
Thanks for the Info Stik. Unfortunately guys, this is one of my first attempts at making an Aircraft. I have been auto-only for about 12 years until I tried some tanks about a 6 months ago. So I’m not expecting much but I will give it a go for sure! After see some of the aircraft built in these forums I know I’m in the right place to learn!
Mini tanks and boats - keen eyes and both look great. No idea how that bridge was made. But if the Brits have to watch out for giant cigarette lighters, the Kriegsmarine better do also - never know if the Brits made a “funny” to flame microscopic Schnellboats.
Eric
Eagle, good to see some pics, looking forward to seeing the rest of the camoe on there.
Welcome aboard Cody, look forward to seeing that way. And don’t worry, there will be plenty of good advice for you.
Shiv, look forward to seeing your as well.
Ok, all, we are now approaching the last month. I know there’s a few people who haven’t been in for a while. I am going to send out some reminders this weekend, I know how easy it can to forget what GB’s your in. But if anyone who hasn’t posted for a while or who hasn’t started there build yet could just give a shout as to whether they are still in or not, that would be great. It would be nice to get over half of the committed builds finished, I know we have a few close to completion, so hopefully we can fill out the completed list.
Well, I think with all these Sherman’s’ and Churchill’s and Cromwell’s floating around, Jibber’s Tiger needs so back up. To finish this off, I added the figures and some foliage to the panther. I used a number of pics of German armour. They seem to range from a few branches to almost covered in foliage. I went for a slightly heavier look. Once all that was added, I sprayed a little AK Dust effects onto it all.
This is the first completed armour dio I have done in years. Two things I really wanted to improve on was the flesh of the figures, especially the faces, and the SS camo uniforms. For the flesh I got a set of paints from Scale 75 with a guide and the end result is a lot better than what I used to do, but still need a bit more practice, especially the eye’s. As for the camo, I used the Osprey modelling book on SS camouflage. Again, its an improvement, but still room for more, especially the shading which I seem to have lost a bit of.
But aside from that, I am really pleased it. The commander you may notice does not have his insignia. I ordered a set of Archer dry transfers from a UK shop back in march, but they still haven’t arrived. So I am going to order direct from Archer and add them once they arrive.
So anyway, enough waffle, here’s the finished pics.
All comments welcome as always.
Now, from the lush green fields of France I am off to the barren sun baked desert of N Africa.
WOW!
If I may quote you 68GT - WOW! does seem appropriate!
Maybe a double ‘WOW! WOW!’? [:D]
In any case beautiful work Bish! Only complaint I have is the foliage covers up some of the fantastic camo paint scheme you did!
Bish - that is a really super presentation! [Y]
All aspects look great, but I’m really, really impressed with the ground work.
regards,
Jack
I gotta get back to my Thunderbolt soon or else. Then try and make a scamble on the Hellcat if things go smoothly.
Ok. I am calling this one done…
I present Bronco’s 1/350 S-100 Class Schnellboot
comments and critiques welcome… [blndfld]
Just want to let everyone know, I need to get some after market landing gear parts for my Jug. But, Its not going to happen anytime soon. So it won’t be finished by D-Day.
























